Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday.....a wonderful day it is

TODAY: Magnetic Therapy Jewelry

What is Magnetic Therapy?:
Considered an alternative therapy, magnetic therapy is based on the theory that the delivery of magnetic fields to the body can stimulate healing. (I wear magnetic therapy jewelry that has been designed with not only "high gauss" (gauss means the strength of the magnet, the higher the better) magnets, but also gemstones (the gemstones have healing properties as well and are beautiful).

How does Magnetic Therapy Work?:
Based on the theory that when placed directly against the body the magnetic fields can stimulate healing by increasing blood flow and oxygen-carrying capacity. It is said that they can change the migration of calcium ions to a broken bone, thus accelerating the healing process, generate electricity in the blood vessels, increase ionized particles in the blood and improve circulation. Magnetic therapy has been used in the treatment of sprains, broken bones, burns and cuts. Magnetic fields can affect the body in many ways, and even though magnetic therapy has not been proven, when my husband had surgery on his wrist, which included a "bone graft and screw", the Dr.'s from Scripts Institute had him wear a "magnetic cuff" several hours a day, for several months, to help stimulate and speed up the healing process (he is a professional drummer and his wrists are a necessity to his craft, he's not stopped drumming since, the surgery was 24 years ago). NOTE: it is not the magnets themselves that do the healing, the magnets serve to stimulate the body to heal itself.

Magnets are a natural alternative to pain relief medications. It is suggested that, at first, magnets should be worn 24 hours a day. The response for each individual is different to magnet therapy. Usually results are gradual, some notice results within the first few days of wearing, others might take a few weeks.

How to choose Magnetic Jewelry:
-Bracelets are said to be affective for arthritis, carpel tunnel, allergies, anxiety, stress.
-Anklets seem to work best for foot, knee and leg pain and all over body relief.
-Necklaces are recommended for headaches, migraines, arthritis, neck, back and leg pain. Necklaces are said to provide the most dramatic results (there is more blood flow through the neck than the wrist or ankles.

CAUTION:
You should never use magnets if you wear a pacemaker, defibrillators or any other electrical device implant (i.e.. insulin pumps). Pregnant women should not wear magnets. People undergoing radiation should not use magnets. Do not use on abdomen for 2 hours after meals. Keep magnetic products at least 6 inches away from objects such as credit cards or other magnetic media. The use of magnets should not replace the treatments of qualified medical professionals.

In close:
whether you believe in magnetic therapy or not probably has a lot to do with how well it might work for you. As in many things, the placebo effect comes in to play, but don't discount the placebo effect, it works in many, many, many cases (ever heard the statement "I think, therefore I am"?). Just make sure when you purchase a piece that it is also something that you like, so you never feel cheated.

Have a awesome day!!!!
Lucy Blu
for: positive living in sin city

*altmedicine *magneticjewelryoriginal *rob&peg'ssouthwestcreations*magneticenchantments

1 comment:

  1. Last night I tried my first magnetic therapy bracelet. I'm sold!! I've been having terrible shooting pains in my right arm, from my hand up through my shoulder. It's been keeping me up at night because I can't find a position that doesn't hurt. I wore my new bracelet to bed last night and woke up this morning totally refreshed. I have so much energy for the first time in months (but it really feels like it's been years!!). A hard core diet Coke drinker, I went straight for water, took my vitamins, exercised, and started my day out wonderfully! The only change was wearing the bracelet. I've already called Gina and told her: I want more!! Thank you Gina Gina!!

    ReplyDelete