Tuesday, August 16, 2016

TODAY: would you stop to help

I just read about 2 middle-distance runners, at the Olympics, that had taken bad falls during a race...as the other runners passed them by, they both helped each other up, made sure each were ok and then finished their race -- During this last flood in Louisiana, a woman's car was sinking, with her and her dog in it... several people jumped in to help, rescuing her (and her dog:)) from the water -- On my way home, the other day, I saw this guy trying to pull his belongings out of a gated gutter they'd fallen into, another guy, riding his bike, stopped, got off his bike and went over to help him retrieve his belongings -- several months ago, I saw a young woman guiding a mother duck and her 8 ducklings across a major intersection and down a street to the safety of a lake.... all of these events of kindness make me smile and make me ask of myself "would I stop to do the same" -- for me the answer is a very easy..."Yes, absolutely!" -- I would like to believe most  people would... that mankind is a beautiful species and most of us would want to help -- We need to remember when viewing news feeds or tv, that sensationalism sells, so that will be mostly what we see, read or hear.... in real life, most people are good, kind and want to help.... and I love that....

Have a beautiful day....

Lucy Blu
for: positivelivinginsincity.com
and GinaGinaLV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment